Race Number, It's Arrived

Got home from work and opened my post box on my way in, to find my race number of the Cycletta Surrey ride has arrived.  Exciting stuff, but I'm wishing I hadn't eaten those donuts today,   still praying that the hills will not be too steep, and just about to download the route map, to inspect each incline in every detail.

We have a couple more days of training planned, before taking it a bit easy, and heading off to hotel the night before for an early morning start to the start line.  Two weeks and I will be doing my thing for MacMillan, even the small hills will be Surrey Hills! as Thanet is flat, will challenge me.

Am I ready to do this, only time will tell.





  • Now all I have to find safety pins to put the number on my jersey, can any expert tell me, is that the best way to do it?  I should I sew it on with needle and thread.
  • Timing chip to be stuck helmet and make sure I get it in the right place.
  • Coloured card, on handle bars, I'm on the red route, that's the longer distance one, Why on earth did I sign up for that?
  • Number stickers on bike seat post, front of helmet and coloured card.
  • Pack the snacks and fill the water bottles.

There is no doubt now, not only am I going to do this, I will be know as number 2534 on the 12th October.  The two of us, friends from Thanet on the entry list and both of us confident, we have put in enough training.  We are going to show you ladies what we are made of.  I'll be happy just to get across the finish line, then that will be a good days cycling, but I have always been a bit competitive so watch out.

Fingers crossed for fine weather.
If you see me on the road, please cheer me on I will need all the support I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LisaEmms: Striving to be sporty cyclist. Loves IKEA sofa & bacon sandwiches, a bit too much. Incurable student. Tech Geek & more.

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts, I reserve all rights to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments)