Twice in three days

We all know that the way to get fit is with a structured training plan.  so here I am  starting out with an hour or so on the bike- little and often.    The plan is a regular commute on two wheels, at least a couple of times a week, although I have to get comfortable going the distance, first.

Seven am work start time, is in my book, just way to early for me to add a bike commute, but thankfully I'm moving on to something new, and only have a couple of silly o'clock shifts left.

So for now the training had to be an hour after work.



A mere ten miles,   still a struggle and  took an almost an hour, still enough to get my heart rate up,  with strong winds that almost knocked me over at times and waves splashing the path in places, I took a very slow safe approach before turning inland on the more sheltered road.

It's just the beginning, but out twice in three days, that's already 20 miles better than last week, a good start. Nutrition is yet to be thought about,  but I guessI need to work on getting it right if I'm ever going to make London to Paris this summer.

With that wonderful feeling of having had wind in my lungs, and stretched the muscles, I going to sleep well tonight and possibly wake up feeling a bit tight tomorrow, in time for silly o'clock start in the morning.

I'm aiming for 15 - 20 miles on Monday,  fingers crossed the weather will be better.



1 comment:

  1. Hope your training plan is getting on well. I recently got back into biking on a family holiday to kent. We rented some bikes from quench (http://www.quenchuk.co.uk) and they were great. Need to sort myself out and get a plan made up.

    ReplyDelete

LisaEmms: Striving to be sporty cyclist. Loves IKEA sofa & bacon sandwiches, a bit too much. Incurable student. Tech Geek & more.

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts, I reserve all rights to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments)